What products do you use ?

Cleaning and detailing chat. Plus we'll have expert detailing advice too!
callumt
30+ posts
30+ posts

Unread postby callumt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 pm

I feel sorry for you guys that live up farm roads ! Must be a nightmare trying to keep the cars clean !

I stopped using they jetwash things when i thought about the amount of sh*t that will be stuck to the brushes

Ive heard about the hot rims and the feedback i got was that its the best stuff to buy considering the price of it. Ive got a clay bar too just no lube for it so i tried using water and it worked enough to get the main crap off the bottom of the 4 doors. Havent used it since as i plan on getting another bar and some lube and in the better weather just abusing it so the cars spotless.

What do you guys find best for putting tar remover on as i just use and old towel as its rough so when the tar remover soaks into that its brilliant for getting anything off. But of course i know thats not what your meant to use so i just wanted to know what you guys think best and ill give it a try ?

Plus cheers for all the replies ! Got a good wee discussion going :)

jatkinson
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby jatkinson » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am

water a bucket some fairy liquid and a spounge :P

ill put a pic up of the cinq soon poss friday when i wash her when shes a larl bit dirty
Different for a reason

I`d rather my car loose by a Mile and know i built my car , than win by a inch and know some one else built it for, its your car. its your story ....

mr bump
45+ posts
45+ posts

Unread postby mr bump » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 pm

i have been told about autosmart tardis tar remover its meant to be brill stuff hope so just got a litre of ebay

richard33dees
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby richard33dees » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm

mr bump wrote:i have been told about autosmart tardis tar remover its meant to be brill stuff hope so just got a litre of ebay

it's ment to be the biz, will be getting myself some of the bay too. currently using some autobrite tar remover, does the job quite effectively

callumt
30+ posts
30+ posts

Unread postby callumt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 am

I might look into that !

Do you guys just soak a cloth in it and use that to take the tar off ? Or a micro-fibre cloth ?

richard33dees
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby richard33dees » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 am

i'd normally spray it tar spot, once it's weeping wipe off with a MF. more stubborn spots av used a damp MF to adjatate a little
Now owns a Fiat :( and a Suzuki :D:ph34r:

jatkinson
Forum god
Forum god

Unread postby jatkinson » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 pm

my pics will follow tomoz :P some will contain a Cinq , a french shed , and a audi (Y) and maby a getz
Different for a reason

I`d rather my car loose by a Mile and know i built my car , than win by a inch and know some one else built it for, its your car. its your story ....

callumt
30+ posts
30+ posts

Unread postby callumt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

richard33dees wrote:i'd normally spray it tar spot, once it's weeping wipe off with a MF. more stubborn spots av used a damp MF to adjatate a little

Ahh i see ! I might give that a try then !

Return to “The Wash Bay”