Scottish italian car day

Stuff on home soil.
simon_16vpunto
Forum god
Forum god
Location: Dundee - Drives 1995 punto 75elx exploit yellow And 2016 500x 1.6 multijet cross + Venezia bl

Scottish italian car day

Unread postby simon_16vpunto » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Just confirming it ain’t on again this year.

Not enough volunteers or interest to make it happen :(

John_boy17
15+ posts
15+ posts

Re: Scottish italian car day

Unread postby John_boy17 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

I would of done it

lowered-punto
Tech God
Tech God

Unread postby lowered-punto » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

Nooooooooooo that's a shame

Mrcento
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Mrcento » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 am

I was considering digging the Cinq out for one last time if it was on. Shame.

John_boy17
15+ posts
15+ posts

Unread postby John_boy17 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Just found out there is a Italian car day at hopetoun house in the summer every year (between June and August time)

Mrcento
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Mrcento » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 pm

John_boy17 wrote:Just found out there is a Italian car day at hopetoun house in the summer every year (between June and August time)

There isn't.

Well, there was, for a few years, maybe 3? but it hasn't ran for a good few years now. I was at the last one or last but one.

And for what it's worth, SICD absolutely knocked it for 6. That was a show that was a true celebration of all things Italian, Hopetoun was probably a bit different experience for people going with high end Ferraris, Maseratti's etc, but Fiats and Alfas (and i'll be polite here)....Weren't the market or quality they really wanted at the show, and they left you in little doubt about that.

John_boy17
15+ posts
15+ posts

Unread postby John_boy17 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Well that’s no good

Martyn
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Martyn » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 am

Mrcento wrote:
John_boy17 wrote:Just found out there is a Italian car day at hopetoun house in the summer every year (between June and August time)

There isn't.

Well, there was, for a few years, maybe 3? but it hasn't ran for a good few years now. I was at the last one or last but one.

And for what it's worth, SICD absolutely knocked it for 6. That was a show that was a true celebration of all things Italian, Hopetoun was probably a bit different experience for people going with high end Ferraris, Maseratti's etc, but Fiats and Alfas (and i'll be polite here)....Weren't the market or quality they really wanted at the show, and they left you in little doubt about that.

Weren't wanted...no idea what you could possibly mean :conf: :cool:

Mrcento
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread postby Mrcento » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Martyn wrote:
Mrcento wrote:

There isn't.

Weren't wanted...no idea what you could possibly mean :conf: :cool:

Hopetoun was a lovely backdrop for a show, to be fair.

It'd have been a shame to spoil it with commoners milling around in shot and getting in the way of the mutual backslapping for bringing a car worth over £100k.

Thankfully all the riff raff were shuttled off to the side and spoken to in a thoroughly condescending way so they were sure their place was over "there", away from temptation to leave the Ferrari's up on bricks and pocket the alloys, so it passed without incident in that regard.

Return to “Scottish Events”