Fiat Dealerships in 1950s Aberdeen query

Anything at all car-like.
RobbieG

Fiat Dealerships in 1950s Aberdeen query

Unread postby RobbieG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am

Hi Everyone, hopefully someone can give me some pointers on this query. I attended a classic car show on the Isle Of Wight this weekend, and was very surprised to see a 1954 Fiat Topolino 500 with an HRG Aberdeen registration!, as there are very few cars of any make surviving from this period with Aberdeen heritage! I lived in Aberdeen with my parents from 1966 to 1970 and recall only spotting the occasional (apart from the Corporation buses) Morry Minor or Ford Pop with a HRG number plate, and that was just over 10 years old then!. The car in question has been totally restored from a good original example. I got chatting to the owner and he was desperate to get some history on the car. He specifically wants to know which Dealership in Aberdeen would have supplied a Fiat in 1954. Was there a single Franchise Dealer at the time or a privately run multi franchise dealer like Arnold Clark. I also remember Aberdeen City Taxis ran a lot of Fiats, like the 124/125 and 1500, in the late sixties, but I cannot remember which dealer would have supplied them, maybe the same one?
If anyone can help with this I would be much appreciated.
RobbieG

lowered-punto
Tech God
Tech God

Re: Fiat Dealerships in 1950s Aberdeen query

Unread postby lowered-punto » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am

Hi

Robbie unfortunately I'm not clued up on dealerships but sounds like a good challenge to find out. there are some online newspaper archives you could see if there were any advertisements in there for local fiat garages maybe?

Return to “Car Chat”